Attacking Zone

photo-1

“What drives you?

“The will to succeed and be the best person and athlete I can be drives me. Being a part of the Penn State hockey team helps this drive and will to succeed. Winning the big ten or a national championship and getting good grades so that in the future I can get a good job to one day help me comfortably support a family.”

“Where do you get this motivation from?”

“My parents motivate me because of all they have done for me and the money they spend to give me the best life I can have so I want to do all I can to make them proud and be the best and most successful person I can be. Hopefully one day I can return the favor, make them proud, and help support them. I would not have been able to do the things I have accomplished so far in my life without them behind me.”

“How does this influence the way you look at life”

“It influences me by helping me stay positive no matter what happens and giving me comfort and confidence that I can overcome any obstacle thrown my way. With their support and my work ethic and persistence i will be able to overcome any obstacle.”

This message was sponsored in part by Penn State hockey… WE ARE.

Comments

1. Do you know how I avoid duplicate iCal alerts? (Apple support does not, so far…) I think b/c of iCloud calendar sharing between my husband and i, I’m getting two alerts for every event on the iMac and on the iPhone. every thing is up to date and that i have a new MacBook Pro and the new iPhone 4s.

2. Angela Zhang says:

I thought this post was really touching. When he talked about his aspirations with hockey, I wasn’t expecting him to put his family as such an integral factor for his motivation and confidence. Usually one scratches the surface with just ‘friends and family,’ but I really appreciate that this post gives us an in-depth view of his own family gratitude. Also, the fact that he attributes so much of his success to his family, and that he wants to give back to them, isn’t something I hear often, so it’s a refreshing take. I’ve enjoyed this post a lot because unlike the last one where I really knew where the interviewee was coming from, his interests and motivations are very different from mine and it really shows how multi-faceted people are. Unfortunately I sometimes forget that people are many things and default to defining others within one or two facts I know about them, which usually culminates to something like hobbies/interests. This post really shows that each person is made up of many complex emotions. I also like how it shows that aspects of one’s life like “hockey,” “family,” and being “the best person” are all linked together when they can sound like different things. Great entry!!!

3. Gavin Vanstone says:

I feel bad. I misunderstood your post last week. However, I will redeem myself this week. I think your idea for a blog about the people around Penn State is fascinating. I really appreciate how you cover such a diverse field of people at Penn State (which is what you said you would in your initial post, I seem to just have forgotten it). I really appreciated this post because one, I played ice hockey my entire life, and two, it provides a perspective you don’t see very often. Often athletes are not talking about themselves, and if they are, they are doing it in front of their coaches and everything has to be appropriate. I think adding more of a background to your blog would make things a little bit more interesting, such as where the person you are looking at is from and what they are studying. It would also help us understand the person we are reading about a little more. (This of course would be at the discretion of the person you are interviewing, they might not want their personal information posted.) I really look forward to who you interview next week as the past two interviewees have been so unique.

Speak Your Mind

*