How Lucky I Am…

I cannot believe that my freshman year of college is almost over. This has been one of the most challenging and rewarding school years of my life. In the past seven months I have made new friends, grown up a great deal, and realized how close I am with my family. As I have blogged about before, I struggled a lot with missing home and my family. Yesterday, I was looking back at the calendar I have hanging in my room, and thought about just how often I visited home. At first I was ashamed at how often I saw my parents and how much I missed home, a feeling that stayed with me until this afternoon when I stumbled upon this quote.

how lucky i am

Throughout this year, it has been easy for me to dwell on how much I miss my parents and family. However, reading this gave me a whole new perspective. Instead of focusing on the idea that I was missing out on spending time with my friends and family, I should be thankful that I have them in my life. I feel that I am extremely lucky to be so close with my parents and older brother. I am fortunate to be a part of an extremely close knit family, one that is always there for one another, offering support, friendship, and company.

I am amused that a story meant for children can share a message so applicable to my own life. This simple saying is one that everyone can benefit from remembering. Is it not more rewarding to go through life thinking about everything we are fortunate enough to have rather then all that is missing or going wrong? I know that this is not something that is easy, or that comes naturally. When things don’t seem to be going my way, I know how easy it is to wallow in self pity. But perhaps it’s better to focus on the good, on the positives. Perhaps if we do that, the bad things won’t seem so bad.

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to How Lucky I Am…

1. I like this web site so much, saved to my bookmarks. “Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.” by Norman Cousins.

2. Credit Card says:

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

3. Login says:

Well I truly enjoyed studying it. This information procured by you is very helpful for accurate planning.

4. COD says:

I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

5. Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, terrific blog!

6. Whats Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different customers like its helped me. Good job.

7. This is my first time go to see at here and i amm actually pleassant to
    ead everthibg at single place.