Love

I think love in our day and age is sort of like how Frankfurt thinks about it. The things we love are essentially what we truly care about and deem as important. Love can be broken down into many different categories. We can love a person, an activity, a certain subject of life – the list goes on and on. Love is never universal. What you love and what I love can  and most likely are very different. One person may have a dire love for math, while I may completely despise everything about it. What we naturally come to love and care about is what defines us. It’s what separates us from other people to make us an individual. If we all loved and cared about the same thing, we would all be the same. However, this is not how it works. But that is not a bad thing, because it makes life a lot more interesting.

I agree with Frankfurt in that love is the basis of how we live our life. We make all of our decisions based on the things we love. For example, I decided to attend Penn State because I love the idea of having a good and successful life when I’m older, and I believe coming here will get me to that point. No matter what direction human beings head in, love will always be a natural concept to us that makes us who we are.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.