Civic Engagement Speech: Brainstorm

For the civic engagement speech, after reading the requirements and weighing both options, I think I will be doing the second option for my speech. A civic life interview with someone at least 10 years older than myself as well as all the peers I spend so much time with, would really give some new perspective. The views, ideas, and opinions of a person who has lived life and who realizes his/her role in society, as well as the importance of civics and rhetoric, would prove to be quite insightful when prompted to create a speech about civic engagement. There are a few people who I am considering for my interview. My thoughts as of right now are: my mom, a family friend, or my pastor. I think all of these individuals would have similar approaches to what being a good citizen might be, but all would have different ways that they live out these beliefs through different services. All of these individuals are extremely involved in their work lives as well as their communities through various organizations. The interview would be conducted most likely through Skype, unless I would venture home within the next week or so. Talking about someone else’s civic profile would give me a new perspective or what civics are, but this would also provide me with the opportunity to analyze civics through the lens of another person, and then proceed to analyze and dissect their views.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.