Vera BLOGWORTHY Bradley

Vera-Bradley-shelf-1109

A brand that is popular and prevalent on campus and pretty much everywhere is Vera Bradley. Vera Bradley is an American company that sells cotton quilted handbags and accessories. It is admired and used by women of all ages due to its durability and variety of styles. Vera Bradley ranges from offering small wristlets and large handbags to Christmas ornaments and place mats. The company continually makes new styles and patterns each season in order to keep interest in the brand.
Barbara Bradley and her neighbor, Patricia Miller started the company in 1982 after they noticed a need for feminine luggage while waiting in the Atlanta airport. They started the company out of Miller’s garage with $500, each woman contributing $250 to start up the business. The company was named after Barbara’s mother, Vera, due to her “classic style and grace.” She even worked in the company until her death in the 1990s. In less than a decade, the business erected into a multi-million dollar company and is sold in all 50 states as well as Europe and Japan.
Vera Bradley accessories have always been a go-to for me. I can’t say I necessarily love all the new patterns that are introduced, but I definitely do like a select few. Some of the patterns are very colorful and busy which makes it hard to wear with an outfit that already has a lot of color. For me, I like to match my purse with my outfit so I have never been a big Vera Bradley purse fan. However, I love the backpacks, lunch totes, and wristlets. They are functional and trendy. My favorite piece of Vera Bradley is my backpack. I love navy blue and pink, the prime colors in the selected pattern called “Ribbons, which is one of the breast cancer awareness patterns. It is just a soft, cute backpack. The style and patterns of Vera add a little more chic to the everyday school day. It is also a very light backpack with many functional compartments. Around campus, Vera backpacks are the most popular item I see carried by the girls around campus. Until next time…Stay Fabulous, Penn State!

2 thoughts on “Vera BLOGWORTHY Bradley

1. Abby K.

Vera Bradley is wayyy more popular on the East Coast than it is in the Midwest! I see it everywhere here, and I love it! The products are cute and super-functional, like you said. One thing that has disappointed me about Vera Bradley recently is that their products, while still 100% cotton, have been slowly but surely sporting “Made in China” stickers instead of “Made in the USA.” I still love Vera though!

2. Rachel

Lauren, I love Vera Bradley! I never knew any of the history, though. It is so interesting that the two women started the company and named it after Bradley’s mom. Vera Bradley was definitely the most popular backpack brand in my high school and I still get good use of my Vera wallet. I have a few favorite patterns that I like as well!