Blog Reflection 6: Strengths & Weaknesses

What do you feel are your personal strengths and weaknesses related to conducting needs assessments?

My strengths related to conducting needs assessments is that I have gone through a course that is all about needs assessments! =)  I’m able to apply needs assessments concepts at work/real life (such as identifying a problem, root cause analysis, identifying the current state versus the desired state, and recommending solutions).  I understand terminology and models related to needs assessments, such as systems theory, ROI, task analysis, job analysis, semi-structured interviews, etc.  My weaknesses is obvious, and it’s not having a whole lot of experience with applying Needs Assessments to make me an “expert.” I’d say I have a pretty good understanding of the topic, but I need more practice in order to become an expert.

How can you leverage your strengths to advantage?

I can leverage my strengths to my advantage by applying what I’ve learned in real-life.  I can identify when there is a problem and I know how to analyze it.  If I’m struggling with a problem, I know where to look for solutions such as using the text, other literature that’s available online, or to my colleagues.  As I gain more experience, my strengths will develop and put me at a good advantage in real life situations.

Author: mjh487

I am college student at Penn State working on an M.Ed. in Training & Development. I work in Higher Education, specifically with testing software applications used to administrate grants and loans. My hobbies consist of yoga, kayaking, skiing and traveling abroad.