Red Velvet Frappuccino

Before getting started on this weeks passion blog, I will address a couple of questions that where posted on last weeks blog (“The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Frappuccino). I have only tried the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Frappuccino because it is one of my favorite cereals, but if I were to try another of the Starbucks Cereal Beverages I would most likely try the Fruity Pebbles Frappuccino. Also, if you want to browse some secret beverages of your own, perhaps a Pink Starburst Frappuccino or a KitKat Frappuccino, all you have to do is go to www.starbuckssecretmenu.net (this website is also always cited at the end of my posts) and go to your nearest Starbucks and order each of the items that compose the beverage of your choice (I know it’s tedious, but I promise it’s worth it).

With that being said and with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate to pick a Valentine’s Day Treat-like Frappuccino to uncover this week. The beverage I picked was the Red Velvet, or Red Tuxedo, Frappuccino because usually when I want a treat Red Velvet is my number one pick, and I also rarely get served bad tasting Red Velvet treats. Unfortunately though, this time my Red Velvet Treat ended up being a Red Velvet Disaster. I am not going to lie, the taste of the Frappuccino was very good, in fact, I could literally taste a chocolate-like taste in my mouth. Yet, after a couple sips of this beverage I felt like I needed a shot of insulin and a liter of water. If you are the type of person who loves extremely sweet chocolate I would highly recommend this beverage, since I am pretty sure that it will take care of that sweet tooth. However, if you absolutely want to try this beverage, but aren’t sure if you can handle the excess sugar, I would recommend getting the Red Velvet Frappuccino on a tall (12 oz.) cup. I would also recommend making your Frappuccino somewhat “skinny” and avoiding the use of any toppings like whipped cream and java chips (this is perhaps the reason of why I did not enjoy this beverage as much).

In order to order the Red Velvet, or Red Tuxedo, Frappuccino you will need to order a half White Mocha and half Regular Mocha Frappuccino, and ask for it to have either one pump (for a tall version), two pumps (for a grande version), three pumps (for a venti version) or four pumps (for a trenta version) of Raspberry Syrup. As always, you have the option to top your beverage off with some whipped cream, but because I chose this specific item with the purpose of it being festive I topped it off with whipped cream and some java chips (which added a nice little crunch to my drink).

Many of you may be wondering what makes this item so sweet if it relatively does not has as many ingredients that may add on to the sweetness as other beverages. The answer is somewhat simple since Mocha is coffee language for delicate and fine-grounded coffee that contains either chocolate powder or chocolate extract. Therefore, by ordering a half White Mocha half Regular Mocha Frappuccino as your base, you are technically ordering a half white chocolate half regular chocolate drink and adding additional sugar with the Raspberry Syrups and whipped cream. However, do not misinterpret me, this beverage does not taste bad. The Red Velvet Frappuccino is quite tasty I just think it’s a little too sweet to enjoy!

Red Velvet Frappuccino

Work Cited: “Starbucks Red Velvet Frappuccino.” Starbucks Secret Menu. Starbucks Corporation, nd. Web 07 Feb. 2015.