Does Running Really Help Weight Loss?

download

Running has always been a way to keep the body in shape and fit, but does it really work? A theory is being tested, stating that running can help someone for the first couple of work outs, but by doing the same work out over and over again, such as running 3 mils every day, can make your body stop losing the high amount of calories you were when you first started to work out. When we first go out for a run after some down time of not working out, the first run is very difficult and is hard to keep up with our set goal. However, as we continue to work out our bodies, we start to adjust to the exercise and the work out gets easier. Since our bodies are adjusting, we tend to lose less calories because our bodies are so used to the exercise. By doing different work outs, your body is constantly trying to keep up with different exercises you are exposing your body to, making you lose more calories. Doing work out that cause you to push yourself to a high level, such as sprinting for 3 minutes then jogging and repeating this process, this causes your body to lose more calories and keep you better in shape. Running can be a great way to lose weight as long as you mix up your work outs with exercises that can help your body lose calories.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/running-weight-loss_n_4123911.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

This entry was posted in RCL. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Does Running Really Help Weight Loss?

1. Kim Strohmeier says:

I completely agree with this. It’s important to have a variety to your work out and not just do the same thing everyday. I personally get bored of running and completely dread doing it, so switching things up would not be an issue for me.

2. Margaret Malaney says:

I totally agree, I think doing different workouts not only helps burn more calories, but also stops me from getting bored or lazy. I hate running though, I would much rather do exercise classes or something new every time.