Moderating Overview

Moderating was very interesting and opened my eyes on how to talk and help people talk during discussions. I moderated the second half of option three and the whole group had a pretty strong opinion on option three. Between the three options we felt that not just one option alone would work. A mix between all three of the options would have the best outcome and cooperation with our country and citizens.

After we declared that we went in a circle agreeing on the subject. But when I asked one of the participants who were being quiet what he thought, he brought good points to option three, and ultimately brought a different view and started a different discussion on that view. At the end of the deliberating, when I reviewed the whole discussion we all agreed upon the fact that; yes a mixture of all three options would be the best way to go, but also Americans need to be willing to give up things and put their best effort forward to accomplish a difference, it may take some time but it could happen.

I feel that I did an average job moderating, I tried to keep the questions rolling and the group was very talkative about the subject. When I noticed someone being a bit quiet, I asked their opinion. Ultimately it was a successful deliberation.

This entry was posted in Work In Progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Moderating Overview

1. Dimitri Lewicki says:

I like how you really reviewed the whole deliberation and talked about specific examples in your philosophy. I think you need to describe a few moderating principles, though, that you stand by.