About Me

Background:

I completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where I received a B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences with highest distinction. While at the University of Illinois and working with Dr. Zhuo Wang, I examined the intraseasonal variability of tropical cyclogenesis over the East Atlantic Ocean with specific emphasis on the role of ENSO and the MJO. Also while at Illinois, I received the NOAA  Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship. As a NOAA Hollings Scholar, I visited the NOAA Hurricane Research Division (HRD) where I worked with Dr. Altug Aksoy to examine storm-relative correlations in idealized simulations of tropical cyclones. While at HRD, I was able to assist onboard two NOAA P-3 flights through Tropical Storm and Hurricane Arthur (2014).

After completion of my undergraduate studies I moved to State College, PA, where I am currently pursuing a PhD in Meteorology at the Pennsylvania State University. My research, with my advisor Dr. Fuqing Zhang, is focused on improving the predictability of tropical cyclones and understanding their dynamics through the use of ensemble data assimilation and ensemble forecasts. I am particularly interested in the use of satellite and aircraft observations to improve tropical cyclone prediction.

At Penn State, I was awarded a NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF) for my proposal, “Improving the Predictability and Understanding of Tropical Cyclones: Ensemble Assimilation of All-Sky Satellite Observations”. I also received the Hans Neuberger Award for excellent teaching of meteorology for my work as the teaching assistant for METEO 436 Radiation and Climate and the Al and Betty Blackadar Graduate Scholarship for superior academic record and promise of outstanding academic success.

When I am not working hard on my research, I enjoy participating in community outreach activities to educate and engage the public, especially kids, on a variety of topics within the field of meteorology. I also enjoy photography and playing golf.

My Google Scholar Profile

Research Interests:

CV:

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download