Best of Philly/Outside Philly Social Media This Week

Social media is a passion of mine, literally. That sounds so 21st century-annoying girl-stupid kid, but I love social media. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, VSCO, even Facebook give me so much entertainment. Especially Twitter, I could be on the app for hours just laughing out loud at the things I see and read. Over the years, I’ve had multiple people tell me I retweet the funniest things, and one of my friends told me that when she’s bored she’ll go to my retweets and favorites because they always make her laugh. Honestly, this was one of the proudest moments of my life no joke. I love twitter. I don’t usually tweet myself (because I’m not creative), but I still get so much enjoyment out of it.

So… I thought I would share some social media moments on this blog, and since it has been a crazy couple of weeks for the Outside Philly/Philly area, I think now is the perfect time to do so. These are all going to involve the Eagles by the way, because why not?

Here we go. (These are in no particular order, because there’s no way I could pick the best one)

1.  A play off the most popular song in the country right now (God’s Plan by Drake), and every one’s Instagram caption ever in the past 12 days: (This part comes in at 1:26 of the song)

2.  I mean, win or lose, they’re not wrong…

3. You thought it was going to be, “Love you,” didn’t you? 

4. In response to the “gathering” on Broad Street after the Eagles’ victory over the Vikings. Note the disclaimer at the bottom, she did not set fire to any cars.

5. This is a thing. Bud Light promised they would give free beer to everyone in Philly if the Eagles win the Super Bowl. I don’t know how this would work out, but it’s gonna happen somehow. 

6. This video of a guy chasing the Septa train. He’s okay by the way.

7. Is there anything Philly can’t do?

8. This video will give any Eagles fan chills for days.

9.  To any girl who’s ever said anything about any sport, you’ve probably ran into this problem once or twice…

10. This sequence of events from a Temple University student. Everyone just gets it…

11. I only include this because I know this kid. We went to high school together and now his mugshot is online… Lansdale Catholic High School really representing…

12. This video has been circulating since the game last Sunday. Speaking of knowing people who went viral because of the tailgates, I know him too. Philly’s Catholic schools, right here. (PS, sorry about the profanity in the text, couldn’t find the video without it!) “Go Birds”

13. There’s really nothing else I can say.

14. God wants the Eagles to win, it’s a fact.

15. If you aren’t familiar with the dog masks that Eagles’ fans and players have been wearing over the past month, I talked about it in last week’s post.

16. The tweet along with this video is, “There are no more laws in Philadelphia.” I mean, cops love the Eagles too.

17. The Zach and Julie Ertz romance is adorable! Zach Ertz is a tight end for the Eagles and his wife, Julie, plays on the US Women’s National Soccer Team, and had a game at the same time as the Eagles’ playoff game, so couldn’t be in attendance. While Zach scored a touchdown, she scored a goal. Uhhh- power couple

Related image

18. Ever since the birds made it to the Super Bowl, there’s been a “hope” going around that Meek Mill, a popular rapper from Philly, will be let out of jail for the night so he can perform his song “Dreams and Nightmares,” which has also served as the team’s hype song over the course of the playoffs. They announced they’re going to enter the field  this Sunday with that song playing, but I have a hard time believing Meek’s jail sentence can be waved because of it.

19. “Dreams and Nightmares” is literally an anthem for kids and teens in Philly these days, so the fact that the team is coming out to it is an ode to the city.

20. This girl who thought she missed the Super Bowl (and an Eagles win) and was really upset about it..

21. Irish Dance and Fly Eagles Fly

22. Back story: some Patriots fan trashed a cheesesteak while standing outside of the famous steak place, Geno’s. But any real Philadelphian knows Geno’s isn’t even the best spot in town and you don’t spell cheesesteak as two words…

23. And a touching story to end with, Little Flower Catholic High School in Philadelphia held a pep rally for LaTanya Clement (who graduated from the school in 1983). Her son, Corey, plays on the Eagles and the school wished her and the team good luck before she left for Minnesota!

That’s all I got, but only because most of the tweets and videos had too much profanity to include. Point is, twitter is hilarious and Philadelphia is really really hype about the Eagles.

Go Birds!

Image result for eagles super bowl billboard

Image result for eagles super bowl billboard st nick