Your 2018 Super Bowl LII Champions

Of course I’m going to talk about the Eagles this week because, they’re world champions!

Despite being the underdogs, despite everyone except Philly counting them out, and despite going up against supposedly the greatest quarterback of all time, the Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl LII Champions.

Image result for philadelphia super bowl champs newspaper

Related image

I personally really wish I went back to Philly for the game, but sadly I did not get to be a part of the huge riot/ celebration on Broad Street this past Sunday. Instead, I was in the smaller one right here on Beaver Avenue, in State College. It was fun, yeah, but it wasn’t Philly. I had a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out) while watching all my friends from Temple and LaSalle post snapchats of the madness in the city. And again, I couldn’t find a way to skip my bio lab on Thursday to get to the parade.

I may be even more upset about missing the parade, because I went to the parade in 2008 after the Phillies won the World Series, and it was one of the best days of my life. I was only eight, and went with my dad and siblings, so somehow I feel like being eighteen and going downtown with my friends would be a little more fun? Anyways, there were millions of people in the city for the parade, and all for the Philadelphia Eagles. It’s pretty insane to think about how much love and excitement can generate from a football game.

Some notable things about the parade this year are: the route ran from Pattinson Ave and Broad Street all the way to the Art Museum steps- a perfect end spot in my opinion; Bud Light is keeping their promise of free beer, and twenty-five bars along the parade route will be giving out free Bud Lights; Septa sold train tickets in advance (to avoid the mess that occurred in 2008) but this has resulted in scalping train tickets for upwards of $100 on Craigslist!; Uber is giving away free rides with the code PHILLYPARADE, in order to encourage the drunk crowds to get home safely.

Another note, the mayor of Philadelphia, Jim Kenney, said that he didn’t expect many people to be drinking at 11 in the morning, and that the crowds should be mild-mannered (yeah what??), which prompted many to wonder if the guy even knows what city in which he’s the mayor. Seriously Jim, Philadelphians are the people who tailgate at 4am for the Wing Bowl every year, I don’t think anything will stop them from drinking on the biggest day of the year.

In regards to the greatest Super Bowl game of all time, let’s talk about Nick Foles. I’ll be honest, I used to have a poster of him hanging in my room when he was first on the Eagles in 2013. In addition to his stellar passer rating, catching a touchdown pass, and earning the MVP award, he’s also proved to be extremely inspiring and down to earth. His post game quotes have since gone viral, as he briefly explains the struggles it took to get to where he is now, and how his faith and family have brought him strength in one of the most high-pressure jobs one can have.

Also, his daughter Lily is probably the cutest baby in this entire world. And her jacket… I want one, where can I buy it?

Related imageImage result for nick foles daughter

So aside from my jealousy and regret of not being in attendance for either the game or the parade, this is one of the best feelings I’ve ever had, not even joking. Philly sports are some of the most difficult things to be a fan of, but when they win- there’s literally nothing like it.