“Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” -Mark Twain

Back in April, I shared “3 Lessons from 3 Months of Streaking“. It chronicles the beginning of my absurd goal to streak 2018, or run every day of the year. Now with less than two months to go, I’m sharing a behind the scenes look of what running every day of the year really looks like—ice, heat, and waffles…on a nightly basis. What I failed to mention was my “secret” stretch goal. I didn’t say anything about it because, truthfully, I didn’t want to be held accountable for it. It was hard. It was a stretch goal; one of those goals where I thought it would be cool to do but deep down I didn’t think I would be able to do it. That goal is to run the year in miles—2018 miles in 2018.

Long story short, I’m on pace to hit 2018 miles in 2018, while maintaining my streak! It really is incredible what you can accomplish if you set a goal, work hard for that goal, and eliminate any excuses. For the “longer” short story or to see me eating waffles with an ice and heat pack, check out my full post on Strava!