Which Superhero Is Closest To Reality?

While it is obvious that superheroes are in no sense real people, a thought came to my mind about which superhero is the most plausible. After all, technology and technology is becoming more and more advanced everyday, so I decided to do some research to see what I could find.

I picked 4 super heroes to examine and to choose as the realest possible super hero.

First on my list was Iron Man:

SJPA_Iron_Man_1

Since Iron man himself holds no true “Super Powers” as a human being, I decided to look into his suit first to see how close technology has gotten to an actual “Iron Man Suit.” While multiple articles claim that a suit with the strength and protection of human being, or stronger than a human being, is very much possible, the many features of the suit are far off. The voice activation of the suit is similar to what we see in many devices today, such as the IPhone’s “Siri.” The jet-pack suit however… Not so much. While there have been some jet packs made for soldiers in combat, they are made for not far distances, nor much height off the ground, thus creating the first road block in Mr. Starks suit. Also, the idea of an energy source that can replace a human heart is a little far fetched. Overall Iron Man could be possible but most likely will be a little ways away. On the possible super hero scale I give it a: B-

Second up on the list is the Incredible Hulk… Didn’t take much research to determine that a guy with anger problems turning into a big green monster wasn’t coming anytime soon… Then again who knows what bath salts can do… Overall Grade: F-

hulk

Finally on our list we have Batman. Batman off the top of ones head, would think no way, a guy running around with a black mask on and cape to match? There cant be any reality in that. But after looking into the bat of the night, I found an interesting realization. Most of the tools Batman uses in his crime-stopping efforts are not out of technologies reach in the slightest. A bat-shaped boomerang, a fast moving car with some cool touch ups, and a sidekick with an even brighter costume. Batman in the world of possible superheroes, pretty much fits the bill. Using really only his wits and sheer strength to beat the efforts of not only the joker, but also the Riddler, Penguin, and Bane, is badass. Using real-world science and technology to his advantage, Batman also is the savviest superhero of them all. Batman’s overall Grade: A-

batman

Of the multiple articles I looked at, near all of them agreed that Batman could be coming…

Batman takes it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/05/03/how-close-are-we-to-a-real-iron-man-suit/

http://io9.com/5811568/what-is-the-most-scientifically-plausible-superpower

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dark-knight-shift-why-bat/ 

3 thoughts on “Which Superhero Is Closest To Reality?

1. Shawn Patrick Sheenan

In the near future, I personally think that Batman is the closest the reality. Money can buy very many things, and with all this new technology coming out I can see a Batman becoming real. He just has some really dance equipment that is bought with all the money that he has. Besides his very nice Batmobile and a few other gadgets, most of his “powers” come from him being very strong and in good shape. Although in the distant future, I could see some radioactive things react with humans to cause some pretty crazy outcomes. Not necessarily Hulk but i could see something along those lines happening.

2. Chloe Atherton Cullen

I thought this article was great! It took the idea of looking at the world around us scientifically and applied it to comics that we now see as iconic and even classics. The idea of a superhero being not out of the realm of scientific possibility makes me hopeful that one day I will see Batman running around my neighborhood. Read this article that suggests there may be a modern-day Iron Man in our mist: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/05/03/tony-stark-elon-musk-real-life-iron-man/.