post

Finding Love Through Social Media

A New Zealand man is using Social Media to find a woman he met last New Year’s Eve….through social media.  Sounds like something you’d see from a movie or worse Catfish?  Well Reese McKee has went to the world wide web to find his long lost love “Katie”.  In this day and age it isn’t to far fetched to think that Mr. McKee will find his one true love.  Thats the power of technology and social media!  It connects people who would have never had the chance to connect or in McKee’s case reconnect.  The internet gets a bad reputation but in this instance it could mean finding a long lost love.

source:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11168322

Comments

1. I have to agree with everyone who has previously commented. As soon as I glanced over the title, it had caught my attention, and I knew I had to give it a read. The fact that social media’s wide range of uses is beyond what was expected at its birth, truely shows how powerful ‘the people-generating-content’ can exponentially take a medium to new heights.

Knowing that people in NZ, as well as other parts of the world besides the US, are turning to the social web as their ‘first’ method of choice when trying to rekindle a relationship or find a long lost friend puts sites like Facebook and Twitter at the top of the list.

2. Alexandra Peterkin says:

I enjoyed this post because it was interesting, but it brings a relatable feel to the country being in the united states. Anyone from any country can see social media, it’s the beauty of it, so if this person is trying to find someone that is from canada he might just have the chance of reconnecting with this “Katie” girl easier then if it did not exist. I just feel that social media as weird as it sounds brings a lot of people together, because the access from any country.

3. I really enjoyed reading this post. I have done a lot of research on social media recently, so I found that I could find a lot in common with this topic. While I do not use social media for dating purposes, it was interesting to see that it is done so in New Zealand. I feel like globalization has made many countries more similar in recent years. For example, I believe that this story is similar to many stories in the United States. The Internet and access to social media connects so many people in the world today.

4. Paige Kathleen Whiteley says:

This post was so cute. It is also super relevant to today’s growing age of social media. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t use one form of social media every day. I thought it was adorable that Mckee wanted to find this girl so badly, that he was willing to spend the time looking for her through social media. I would love to know if he actually did or does find her. This post really shows you the power social media has over our lives in today’s world.

5. Brittany Leigh Clauson says:

I liked this post a lot because I found it very funny and relevant to today’s massive use of social media like Facebook and Twitter. I thought it was comical that McKee actually went to the internet to find a girl he met on News Year Eve on social media. Also, I feel like it is a little weird by maybe McKee and his internet lover are into that kind of thing. I would really like to hear the results of the story. I wonder if he was ever able to reconnect with her and what is to come of their relationship if they do? This just shows the power of social media these days. I wouldn’t like to find my true love through the internet but it is great that others are confident and able to do so!

Speak Your Mind