RSS Feed

Black Friday Madness

December 10, 2012 by Taylor Kantner   

I’ve probably only ever been out on Black Friday once or twice, but this year I decided to go again. I’m not the kind of person that gets thrilled by going out in the rush of people and waiting in line for hours, but for some reason I wanted to experience it again. My sister was actually the one that got me to go. She’s 11 and doesn’t really understand that’s it’s not really as exciting as it seems from the commercials on TV. So I was the one that was chosen to take her. This year Target opened at 9pm on Thankgiving, so I took my sister after everyone had left our house for Thanksgiving dinner and we hit up all the great sales at Target. It was so crazy in the store, but surprisingly I kind of understood why people would want to go black friday shopping. The deals are great and people could get some great Christmas presents at great prices. On the other hand, the line was not so great. It wrapped around the aisles of about half the store and moved in the shape of a snake. By the time we got to the cashier it had been an hour, we had stood in line for an hour. Surprisingly, it didn’t seem like that long so it wasn’t as bad. I have realized from this year’s Black Friday experience that I’d be just as happy staying home and avoiding all the holiday shopping madness that goes on and I think my sister has learned the same, but I guess we’ll see next year.

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.