First Passion

My Passion is what has determined who I am, but most of the time no one has ever realized that there is such an issue that has been shackling us woman for centuries.

We almost always believe that it is the society and the surrounding environment that has been shaped our minds and potentially locked us inside of the house we live in. Yes, I mean those women. Why do I exclude myself from “those women?” Because I know that I am different from them, and I have made my farewell far away from them. The term “feminism” has been running for centuries, and it is a chronic issue left by the river of history. Millions of women are crying to death in this river, and their tears and blood have become the step stones of our progress in the modern world. Indeed, we are walking and sleeping on their tears and blood, yet none of has has ever tried to appreciated what we have gained from their efforts. Why is that? Because we only blame. One part of humanity is that we always blame for something else, because such an shift of emotional guilt has taken away our sympathy and regret from what we have done. It is always easier to blame for someone else, something else. And thus we eventually lost the ability to develop our cognition to consider about the authentic value of the identify of ourselves. We are the women, so we should be independent. However, this is a wrong logic. Here is the correct logic: we are independent, because we are women.

We are trying to be independent because the society has now told us that we should be independent because the normative value in the society in regard to woman has shifted its original disguise into revaluation of woman’s equal rights and opportunity in the male-dominated world. Yes, we are still living upon other people’s expectations. We are not living lives for ourselves. We blindly follow the mainstream that teaches us how to become ignorant. It seems like the blindness of following the set-up of the society has become a generational existence. My mom has taught me to follow the rule set by the society, otherwise I will be isolated by the mainstream. Why are we so afraid to be isolated by the wrong mainstream?

We never dive into anything social norm. The norming of feminism has become a label stamped on the face of women, and especially those minority race. Because no one has never stood up to indicate the wrong doing of the mainstream, we generally assume that there is nothing wrong with it. We are all living in the society, assuming and accepting that we have rights and duties corresponding to the the necessary sacrifices of freedom we have to give up in order to receive protection by the state. This is the social contract that we sign with the society right after our birth. However, the social contract has transformed into another form that is invisible to the majority of us: the racial contract. Not only women but specifically the colored women, the minority group, are especially discriminated and excluded. This is racial exclusion that undoubtedly secures the privileging of the white supremacy. The frame work of feminism now is not simply dealing with issues of the suppression of women but particularly those colored women.

The society is established on this racial contract, the moral hierarchy of white supremacy that has been securing and legitimating the privileges of those individuals designated as white and the exploitation of those as nonwhite, according to Mills in the Racial Contract. Consequently, we must abide by these normal behaviors that are designed by those white people. Now we the women have come to a realization that we should be independent, but we have generated this ideology to meet the demand from the society with the evaluation system. The mechanism behind this is that we are doing it because we are expected to do it.

I have left, but I promise I will come back for those who cannot leave as easily as I do. I believe that one day my passion will have greater impact on those women who are locked inside of those houses without having the courage to step out. I am here for them to break the racial contract for those minority group whose life and dream have been silent in their own minds.