First Blog Post

Hi! My name is Marissa Rapaport. I am taking this course because it is specifically meant for students who do not intend to major in science. I am currently in DUS, but I am looking to enter into the College of Communications. Thus, this class is perfect for me because I am able to fulfill a GN in a class where I can practice my communication skills through the blogging assignments. I am not planning to be a science major because it is truly not my strong-suit. I am more of a right brained person who excels in liberal arts, but struggles with both science and math. If I were to weigh out my strengths and weaknesses, science would probably be my top weakness. Although I do appreciate science and discovery, the math behind the science is confusing to me, and it would be a terrible idea to major in something I know I am particularly not good at.  left-brain-right-brain

2 thoughts on “First Blog Post

1. Maryann Deanna Valentine

Hey! I was reading your blog post and noticed you are looking to become a Communications major, like myself. I instantly could relate to your post because science is not my forte, either. I also really like the picture you chose with your comment. I feel as if I am much more of a creative person than an analytic person. I excel while using my creativity, rather than solving problems and creating solutions. Here is a video that describes COMM majors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msn8Kq5eRoc

2. Maryann Deanna Valentine

Hey! I was reading your blog post and noticed you are looking to become a Communications major, like myself. I instantly could relate to your post because science is not my forte, either. I also really like the picture you chose with your comment. I feel as if I am much more of a creative person than an analytic person. I excel while using my creativity, rather than solving problems and creating solutions.