About the Author

I guess people are introducing themselves, so, I’m Julia Molchany and I’m a freshman from Allentown, PA. I feel this post is pretty redundant after reading a few other blogs, as I took the class for the same reason as many others; I wasn’t interested in taking a typical science course. As Andrew mentioned, the average high school science class was more memorizing information to perform well on a test than actual scientific thought and experimentation. Since I was required to at least one science course, my advisor recommended this class after I told her I wasn’t much interested in sciences.

I was always interested in a business major, primarily because my dad has an accounting degree (from Penn State) and works as the communications director for a large corporation. I’m aware that science is interesting and extremely vital in today’s society, but I would rather be in the business aspect of it, if anything. I’m excited for this class to think more critically about controversy and certainty in the field!

imagesUMS8LUCC

One thought on “About the Author