Passion Blog Week 6

In honor of my roommate bringing back to school with him the most easter, multi-colored, seersucker, short shorts I have ever seen, this week I will be talking about spring wear. Although coming back to State College and having it be 20 degrees, this post seems a bit premature.

We are halfway through March and it still is not particularly warm. As spring creeps closer and closer it is time to put away those heavy coats and switch over to sweatshirts and light jackets. I still suggest to layer even in the springtime. It is ok to wear a cardigan or light jacket over a long sleeve t-shirt or sweater. It is spring but it is not so hot that one will overheat with a few layers.

stussy-japan-fall-2013-lookbook-10

Supreme-SS-2013-Lookbook-03

With Spring comes Spring colors. Unfortunately it does not always fit with the environment to wear shades of black and gray year round. Spring is where the pastels come out. Light blues, greens, oranges, maybe even…. yellows. Play around with different colors, although it is ok to wear jeans year round a nicely colored pair of shorts can either make or break an outfit. For shoes I would go with some type of sneaker, again colors will work well with the brightly colored trees surrounding you.

stussy-2014-spring-lookbook-06

cool-trans-pharrell-williams-models-billionaire-boys-club-and-a-bathing-ape-4

ransom-by-adidas-2013-spring-summer-moc-runner-1

With the coming of Spring also comes Spring collections. A few well noted brands  I check out every year include the much anticipated Surpreme Spring/Summer collection as well as Stussy’s spring collection.

supreme-spring-summer-2014-lookbook-2

stussy-women-spring-summer-2014-lookbook-05

d6c6ex-stussy-kids-2014-spring-summer-collection-0

Please do not forget that it is ok to mix and match brands and designers. Just because you have a vineyard vines shirt on does not mean you need to be wearing pastel shorts and boat shoes. Play around with different clothes you own to find your personal style. Remember to focus on your outfit as a whole and not just individual pieces, find a comfortable look that you are happy with.

3 responses to “Passion Blog Week 6

1. Heather Francis

It’s great to know that men care about seasonal outfits as well. I’ve seen so many people (especially boys) already strutting around in T-shirts and shorts, as if wearing warm weather clothes will make it warm. The outfits you’ve chosen to show look really nice, hopefully you’ll pressure some more PSU boys to dress up

2. Mike Shanley

Ugh, I’m so tired of the cold that I’ve started declaring anything above 45 degrees “shorts weather”. It seems like I really need to expand my wardrobe rainbow, though. I don’t have many pastels…

3. Michael Rothermel

It really needs to start warming up so we can wear shorts again. This post makes me want to go clothes shopping and buy new outfits.