Locating training (and Libraries training sessions) in the Learning Resource Network

By Ryan Johnson, technology training coordinator

There are several ways in which a user can locate available training within the Learning Resource Network: browsing, searching, and the events calendar.

Browsing for Training
1. Click the Browse for Training button on the LRN homepage or select Browse for Training from the Learning menu.
2. Select one or more filter types:
a. Training: filter the results by popular or newest training.
b. Subject: filter the results by subject such as Business Skills, Compliance, or Technology
c. Type: filter the results by training type including online classes, events, curricula, material, etc. by using the Type icons provided. In-person, Instructor led sessions will be Events.

Training type icons used for filtering results

d. Date Range: filter the results by entering a start and end date in the fields provided.
Location: filter the results by selecting a location from the list provided.
TIP! To search for trainings offered in I-Tech, enter I-Tech in the search field and you will see the I-Tech Training room. Select E001 (I-Tech Training Room) and you will see sessions held in this location.

itechtraining

Searching for Specific Training
3. Type a keyword for the training you are looking for in the Search bar in the top right corner of the screen.

search

Global search bar

Viewing Training via the Events Calendar
6. Click the Events Calendar button on the LRN homepage or select Events Calendar from the Learning menu.
7. Select a view for the calendar by using the Day, Week, Month, or Agenda options in the upper-right hand corner of the Events Calendar. Agenda view will display training in a list by day for the current month.

Calendar viewing options

Calendar viewing options

8. Select a month for which you would like to view training by using the left and right arrows next to the currently displayed month above the calendar or by selecting a month using the mini calendar on the left-hand side of the screen.

9. Select the All Events or My Events radio button above the events calendar to view all training events or only the event in which you are registered, respectively.

Filtering options

Filtering options

10. Filter the events calendar by entering a title, session ID, session contact, session instructor, or subject in the left-hand column, if desired.

TIP! If looking for sessions by a specific instructor or contact (like yours truly) enter my name in the search field by clicking on the search arrow.

lrnfiltersearch

11. Click the Print icon above the events calendar to print the calendar as currently displayed, if desired.