Why Art?

Why Art? For the aspiring artist, many times you will get this question from teachers, friends, and family. At of all the things you could do why do you choose art? For me, the reason why I create art, is for the escape. When I am creating art work, with the medium I love, it distresses me and I feel relaxed. It also is a great way to get rid of sadness or anger, because you can put out those feelings toward a creation that reflects them. I love making things that stand out and cause people to make a double take. I enjoy all feedback from my viewers, good or bad. It helps me improve my art work. Personality, I could never excel at the basic subjects you would normally take in school. I would feel not good enough, knowing I could not keep up with my peers. But in art, I excel. I feel good about myself, and the creations I make.

148827_4167736705955_58602154_n

For others who are artists like me, they may have different reason for creating art. Everyone has a reason for doing the things they love. One way you can find your passion is find a time where you are so focused on a task that time flies by. You enjoy what you do, and you do it for you and no one else. You can find what strives you to be happy.

This entry was posted in Every Artist Was First An Amateur. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Why Art?

1. Jaeyoon says:

I get rid of my sadness and stress by talking to people or sleeping but you get rid of stress by performing art. That’s really interesting because for me, drawing or even painting will give me more stress. I wish I enjoyed doing art the way you do

2. kow5247 says:

I think this blog is a perfect representation of who you are as an artist. I think it is great that you can “escape” when you do art- I think that is very special. I agree that doing what you love is a like going to a place where you can feel relaxed and time flies when you are doing it.

3. szs5920 says:

I truly admire this post because, I guess you can say I’m a “Jack of all trades” and I too find myself lost while doing all the things I love and excel the most the in like drawing, singing, playing piano and dancing. And like you said, everyone does have their different reasons for creating the art that they’re good at whether it be creating actual art, dancing, singing or playing an instrument because that’s what makes them happy. I glad you found something you love and can create wonderful and enjoyable pieces for others to see.

4. mcm5704 says:

I love this post! I completely relate, though for me its musical theatre. I totally get what you mean by an escape and doing something you really feel you can excel and grow at. If I spent all my time in a classroom learning science or math I would die, I love being apart of something that really allows me to be me, but still works my brain! Why do something if its not what you love!

5. nmm5387 says:

I really related to your description of the “escape” that artwork provides – I feel the same way when I dance. Time passes extraordinarily quickly, and I can forget about everything else that’s going on in my life, both good and bad. Focusing on doing what I love easily is the best part of any given day.

6. kxk5308 says:

Although I have absolutely no artistic skills, I completely agree with you that everyone needs a hobby or something that helps give them an escape. I also agree that if its something that makes time fly by without noticing it is definitely something your passionate about and should continue doing!