THON Weekend: Final Four

Finally, my time as a dancer relations committee member had come to an end for the year. For the final four hours, my committee and I stood in the stands together and really took in our last few moments of what we had worked so hard for. It was all very emotional. Typically, in the […]

THON Weekend: Part 3

I came back early Sunday morning to see that my dancers seemed a little down. One of them was very cold and was complaining of pain in his knee, and the other was exhausted and his feet were in so much pain that he couldn’t stand on one for too long. So, I really brought […]

THON Weekend: Part 2

On the second day of the weekend, I had two different shifts. The first was earlier in the morning. I was tired, but I knew my dancers were even more tired. While 4 hours of sleep is not a lot, they didn’t have any sleep. They were fighting for the kids. When I got there […]

THON Weekend: Part 1

As I walked onto the floor of the BJC for the first time, my heart felt electrified. The cheering from the stands was deafening. I had never seen so much energy and love in one location. Before we went to go find our dancers our captain, Maci, made us huddle up. She gave us a […]