“Thinking like a Scientist”

Okay so just for starters I was a B/C average Chem./Bio. student throughout high school so its your choice whether you would like to keep reading my blog entry of how to “Think like a Scientist” or not.

As human beings, we are constantly observing and interpreting all the information that surrounds us. Not only do we put it into perspective after analyzing it, but also personalize that information that then either becomes a unique thought or experience to that individual.

This is a generation of people who like to make assumptions. “flock of sheep,” Stalin said…. by the way don’t forget to take my dark humor lightly.

We are constantly attempting to describe, predict or explain these phenomenon’s that surround us everyday. Also known as a theory. Also known as how evidence suggests that Kanye is having an affair with every Kardashian. Now we can make this theory but we can never know the explicit truth till we are apart of the immediate family, which I would prefer not to be apart of, and which is why it stays a theory. In Science, there will always be outliers which is why things have to be generalized to a certain extent at given times. This is the given reason why it is so rare to see “Scientific Laws” because in order to have an average trend or anything to compare your date to, you need time, which obviously isn’t a malleable component.

How many times a day do you find yourself making different assumptions or hypothesizing the outcome of every pending situation/component in your life? I think this goes for everybody, at least at some point. And if you didn’t just admit to that, then you’re a liar too. As humans we are constantly proposing explanations for everything we evaluate and give our opinion on. So right now I could tell you how Copernicus hypothesized that the Sun was circling around the earth, also known as the “Heliocentric Theory.” I could also tell you how other scientists in generations to come backed him up. I can also tell you that the Sun doesn’t rotate around the earth, but I mean this was made off their observation so whose to blame?

This is another great example of why things take so long to become facts or laws. Technology without corruption could do some pretty great things.

Oh and just to keep your minds analyzing and hypothesizing, black and blue or white and gold?

Picture 2