Is Fate real?

I can fully admit that I am one that believes in a lot of things. Good luck, bad luck (to an extent), afterlife, ghost, spirits, a God, karma, and most importantly, fate. When I was younger, I watched a movie that changed my life forever. The movie is my FAVORITE movie in the world. If your wondering what this movie is, its called “Fools Rush In” Now if you have seen the movie, you’ll probably be like “Their situation and the overall movie didn’t have fate really” For one, it did. And also I felt like things are very strange to just happen to happen. So all my life, since the age of about 8, I have always had a strong belief that this “fate” is real. But recently I was sitting and thinking that I never really did research nor did I properly look up what it is all about. Yes, I’ve read about it in books, but I have never truly sat down and read just strictly Scientists facts and reasoning’s. So I decided to do so for once.

galaxy-wallpaper-36

So I found out that science doesn’t have answers for everything. In this case, this question very clearly. I just so happened to stumble upon this article written about the research he found when looking up similar answers Scientifically. He stated that fate reside is in our subconscious, which has to do with the process of preforming tasks. Then he went on referring that fate has to do with the “Quantum uncertainty”. The uncertainty principle states that it’s impossible to ever know the exact location of a particle and its movement at the same time. The slightest interference or observation could cause the small particles to behave completely different. This could have to do with our choices made and how they can change outcomes very easily.

fate

I continued to search and found many people’s opinions on fate and why they think that way, One says that the concept of fate is nature’s inevitable outcome from cause and effect. Another says that our actions are our own but fate pushes us. The author from the article above stated that “All events, even quantum events, have a definite starting and ending point. But there is uncertainty as to what happens in between.” The flexibility in the middle was created by the quantum physics from where one could have the chance to control aspects of their lives but to a certain extent.  Scientist have shared what they believed and I feel like they left people with more questions than what they started with.

download

Whether you do or don’t believe fate, that’s fine. It’s your opinion! I feel like after the searching, that’s what I have taken from all of this. The information I found has not changed my strong belief for fate. If you were to go to grocery shopping but got side tracked I would reason that it was fate. It just so happened that a dangerous robbery happened that day. Or, if you did go, you just so happened to meet your best friend or loved one for life. How many stories have you heard happily married or loving couples tell about how they met in random places? Sometimes some situations seem to weird to be ” coincidences” I personally say. One thing this research did do is make me wonder what your opinions are such as: do you believe in fate? Or is it just “luck” or “coincidence”?

4 thoughts on “Is Fate real?

1. Megan Wong

Fate has always intrigued me because its so crazy how you can just randomly bump into someone and they could be your husband, but they could also be another stranger. I constantly think about what my life would be like if a particular event never happen or if something different happened, and its weird to think that we’d never know.

2. Annamarie Rose Sassi

Chane: I’ve always believed in fate, but I’ve never analyzed it through a scientific lens. I feel like its supernatural, and can’t be analyzed or measured by researchers, because it’s beyond a humans understanding. In my eyes, fate is what made us who we are today. I always think about how different my life would be if one tiny event in my past was tweaked. The aspect of fate that I’m referring to relates to Andrews lecture on September 1st, “Sciences most amazing discovery”. If you think about, our whole existence is due to fate, “the highly improbable series of events”. What if your biological parents never spontaneously agreed to go on a blind date 20 years ago? You wouldn’t exist in the universes. It’s a crazy concept and one that I constantly contemplate over.

3. jvn5243

This whole concept is very interesting and sometimes I feel embarrassed when I tell people I believe in fate because I believe it is something that is made up in the movies. I agree to the above the comment by Bowen Wang, that it is not something we can express to be scientific it is strictly what we believe as people. I for one do believe in fate, and that everything happens for a reason.

4. Bowen Wang

Aha really interesting content. In my Tuesdays class one guest speaker said in class that “things happens for a reason whether you believe fate or not” . It seems that there is not a scientific way to emphasis many things in our life, such as this. There is enough reason for those people who believes in fate, and for those who does not believe this may also have bunches of reasons. Leave the fate decide…