Link

So I have a huge passion for motivation. I love the idea and topic of it. And overall I just feel like motivation is the key to success in anything a person wants to achieve. There are a lot of tips and tricks… but I decided to research the science behind it. Dopamine Levels are usually fired due to a traumatic experience, but now it is said to be linked with motivation. It is interesting because motivation is really a hard thing to feel. Sometimes we feel it, sometimes we just get lazy. So what is the science behind motivation?

untitled

In the article, it has been said that a neuroscientist has seen that rats that had lower levels of dopamine were less motivated to climb over a fence to get their food. The rats with a high dopamine level ended up getting the food.

From “The Science Behind Motivation” article by Sujan Patel, it is stated that the ““go-getters” had higher levels of dopamine in the reward and motivation portions of the brain – the striatum and ventromedial prefrontal cortex. The “slackers,” on the other hand, had a higher level of dopamine in the area of the brain associated with emotion and risk – the anterior insula”

We can all get motivation but when do we stop working? Achieving things is an overlapping of “motivation and willpower”.

It has been discovered that “willpower is a finite resource” said by Sujan Patel in the Forbes article.

willpower come into play?

When we make decisions throughout the day, we tend to use up that willpower. This starts to go down because of our brain making so many decisions throughout the day. This is called decision fatigueless.

To prevent getting so fatigued during the day,

There are some tips to help.

1. Do the most important tasks at the start of your day
  2. Make a good routine so you don’t waste time
  3. Say no to some things, and focus on what needs to get done.

Source:

science behind motivation