P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

Most of you probably remember this quote from the Disney film Finding Nemo. If not here is a GIF- Just in case 🙂

In the film, Dory and Marlin try to find Marlin’s only son Nemo. This leads them on a long and exciting journey to Sydney, Australia. If you haven’t guessed by now, our destination for today, is… Australia!

Even tho Dory and Marlin’s adventure looks like a once in a lifetime experience, I sadly cannot experience it due to the fact that I am not a fish. BUT, that doesn’t mean I cannot have an adventure of my own that is equally as exciting!

We start off in Sydney, Australia. Now, you simply cannot visit Sydney and not attend an opera in the iconic Sydney Opera House. Although I have never attended an opera, I believe that it is important to try new things. Who knows, you might even become a lifetime lover of opera, and if not, at least you’ve tried it and have come to the conclusion that it is simply not for you. 

Australia, like many islands, has a very nice variety of exotic animals. Although, some of them may not be native to the country, it is always nice to see and admire all of the different species of animals. Taronga Zoo is Australia’s leading zoological garden. In addition, it features Australia’s finest collection of native animals and a diverse collection of exotic species. You might be thinking, “So what? It’s just another zoo.” Personally, even tho I’ve been to many zoos in my short 18 years of life, I think it is still fun to visit different zoos and see the different architecture and structure of the park, as well as the different environment and exhibits that may be present in the park. Taronga Zoo features a Zoo Sky Safari chair lift that takes you to the top to begin your downhill trek along a different path.Taronga Zoo Sky Safari

Additionally, the park also lets you  get up close to the animals and have your picture taken. They call it the Animal Encounters Experience. For a small fee, you can enter the enclosures of some of the animals on display and have your picture taken by a professional (with the assistance of the rangers of course.) However, you are not allowed to touch the ever so adorable Koalas 🙁  Nonetheless, it would still be a very cool experience. I know I would want to take a picture with a giraffe. I LOVE giraffes, they’re definitely my favorite animal. That would be with a giraffe, only maybe not touching its tongue. EWW! That boy needs some guidance in his life for sure.

~Until next week!

2 thoughts on “P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

1. First of all, this blog just made me super excited because I plan to study abroad in Australia. It seems like such a cool place…if only it wasn’t halfway across the world. But anyways, I thought this was a fun blog and I thought the pictures are an excellent additional resource to make your blog fun and more informative. Like they say, a picture is worth 1000 words. I also certainly appreciate the Finding Nemo reference.

2. I’ve always loved Australia and hope to study abroad there next year! My biggest goal in life is to hold a koala. I also just really like their accents.