Ideas for Appeals Essay

Well, we have an essay draft due next week—Surprise! The assignment is to rhetorically analyze a “text” and its use of the various appeal strategies. I’m glad the term “text” includes speeches, pamphlets, etc. Although I need to look more into the kind of information I can find, I’m leaning toward using John Lennon’s famous classic “Imagine” as it is one of my favorites and an obvious example of appeals. I think I can probably make it work, but, just in case, I’m considering one of Banksy’s works that includes a statement, or one of my favorite poems. I feel like we don’t know enough yet about the project to make a definite decision on a subject…

Although I’m nervous about my first college essay, I’m kind of excited (I definitely secretly love writing essays)…  I feel I need to prove my reason for my enrollment in this honors class and I’m 95% sure I can do it. I only hope that after my super lazy summer, I didn’t lose any ability to produce a decent essay.  I don’t know… these blog posts have been a little rough in terms of composition. I should be fine, right? Let’s hope so—I don’t want to destroy John Lennon’s perfection with nonsense writing and support! Ah!