Daily Archives: June 14, 2021

Tech Tip: Reminder – Cisco AnyConnect VPN to be decommissioned June 19

By: Ryan Johnson

This is a reminder that Cisco AnyConnect VPN (including both ISPtoPSU and LIASVPN) will be decommissioned by the university on June 19 and will no longer function after that date. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client will also be removed from Libraries computers following the cutoff. Reports are showing that there are still a fair number of regular connections to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN.

Please take the time to migrate to GlobalProtect VPN as soon as possible, if you haven’t done so already. GlobalProtect will be required to access to certain applications and network resources while working remotely, such as WorkFlows and Libraries network shared drives.

Customer Service Tip: A policy is not an excuse for your disrespect

By: Myra Golden (submitted by Carmen Gass)

One of my sisters is a flight attendant. Yesterday we talked about her enforcing mask requirements on her flights. With the CDC’s recommendation, I knew that vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks outdoors or indoors, but we still should cover
up on planes, trains, and busses, which would put her in a challenging position.

We happened to be having the mask conversation as my sister was walking down the jetway for a flight from Dallas to Des Moines. She told me… Read more here