Initial Blog Post

Hi everyone!

My name is Gabriela Stevenson, Gabi for short. I’m from Norristown, Pennsylvania (about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia). I am one of the farthest things from a science major — I’m studying print & digital journalism. I am not a science major because it was never what I was passionate about. I’ve always been more of an English and social studies/history person than a science and math person.

I am taking this course because I decided early on that I would use my General Education classes to sharpen my critical thinking skills, which will come in handy as a journalism later. I guess science and journalism aren’t as far apart as I thought.

Here is a picture of some of the best pizza I’ve ever had from a little grill called Olcé in my neck of the woods. I love photography and food, so there was nothing I wanted to share more.

Here is a link to my high school news website (I was the editor-in-chief, so this is my baby).

3 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post

1. jvn5243

Hey Gabi! I am a journalism major in the College of Communications as well! I was also a part of my school newspaper and I was the opinions and editorial editor! A link to my website is here I also understand exactly what you mean about being so passionate about a publication. That link is a little outdated we are hopefully moving into a new website soon. I’m also from New York and pizza is my favorite and that looks amazing, pepperoni is my favorite and I haven’t had it in so long! We are also similar in that I was never passionate about science too. Good luck in the class!

2. jvn5243

Hey Gabi! I am a journalism major in the College of Communications as well! I was also a part of my school newspaper and I was the opinions and editorial editor! A link to my website is =”commack.k12.ny.us/chs/courant05/Home.htm”>here I also understand exactly what you mean about being so passionate about a publication. That link is a little outdated we are hopefully moving into a new website soon. I’m also from New York and pizza is my favorite and that looks amazing, pepperoni is my favorite and I haven’t had it in so long! We are also similar in that I was never passionate about science too.