Link

Hey SC200,

My name is Will Robbins-Cole (I know its a mouth full). I am a freshman from Boston MA who is majoring in Marketing. In high school I was in an honors science class, but did not really love it. I found out that science really was not for me when I met my Chemistry teacher.

While outside of the classroom he was a really great guy! . He was the baseball coach, ran marathons, led a group of students who figured out how to clone orchids, and on top of that he is a Penn State graduate. (you can see here all the other cool things he has done by scrolling to him and clicking read bio) While he was really cool outside of class, after one week of sitting through his dull lectures on stuff I could just look up, or topics that I felt were completely irrelevant to what I want to do in my life, I knew science and I would never get along ever again.

Upon my arrival to Penn State the thought of taking another science class was really getting me down, until I saw the description of this class. Just to take a step back, I grew up listening to NPR on every car journey with my dad and through him I gained an appreciation, even a love, for current affairs and the happens in our ever changing world. Due to these interests SIOW: Certainty & Controversy instantly peaked my interest. So far with one week under my belt I have not been disappointed.

-Will Robbins-Cole