Whats you acne telling you?

Lets be real, we all have acne. Wether its a pimple every now and then or they are constantly on your face. For me its usually while I’m menstruating and/or when there is a lot of stress in my life at that time. When you get a pimple you think “what the heck!”, “why me?” and many other thoughts. But have you ever thought what really triggers your acne?

In this article about acne, Chinese medicine had come up with an acne map. They have discovered that depending where you break out is caused from within in. In the article they have a virtual map that lets you click on the part of your face that has acne and it will tell you whats causing the acne. Thats pretty cool right?! I was able to figure out what triggers the acne on my chin/jaw area, and I will defiantly be trying what they recommend for the acne to go away.

face_mapping_c_01_pin

They claim that face mapping isn’t always correct, but it can tell you what to look out for. The article also says to look out for what you are putting on and into your body. The disclaimer of the article is that what work for another person may not work for you. Don’t get discouraged if it dosent go away immediately, give your face time to heal.

Work Cited:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/01/hair-dye-process_n_4181186.html

4 thoughts on “Whats you acne telling you?

1. Allison Maria Magee

Wow, I have never heard of the face mapping and I find the idea of it so interesting. What a great way to help show what may be wrong with your body and causing your acne! Personally, I believe a big reason why I get pimples is due to stress. I found an interesting abstract that describes a method that can be used in order to try and stop a pimple from fully forming.
    https://www.google.com/patents/US8725236

2. lkr5215

This is totally relatable though i always have acne not just on those bad days. Acne is something i have struggled to get rid of for years now. I wish you could have provided more information or maybe see if there was a study done about it or what are all the health reasons why we do get acne.

3. Kateryna Okhrimchuk

I wish you gave a little more information on this topic, since it’s such an interesting one. As someone who has perviously dealt with acne for a big portion of my life, I have quite literally tried everything to make it go away – including face mapping. My problem area was always my forehead, and face mapping concluded that it was caused by imbalances in my liver and stomach. The recommendation was to cut out all alcohol, dairy, and caffeine. I was about 17 at the time so I didn’t drink alcohol, but I completely cut out all caffeine and dairy from my body for about 6 months and saw absolutely no changes in my acne which was actually pretty disappointing. I found what worked better for me was wiping my face with a rubbing alcohol wipe every night before I went to bed because I read that sebum, or oil secreted from your glands, caused acne. It actually ended up working!

4. Dante Labricciosa

Interesting blog, very relevant topic to us all. But I believe your blog can go more in depth. I mean we generally know the causes of acne, but there are studies out there of what variables cause acne and what variables diminish acne. Acne is a well established subject within the science world, dermatology to be specific. But you could go even further to ask why acne is different in every person, if it even has to do with our genes, as stated in this article: http://www.acneeinstein.com/genes-acne/. This can connect even further to what we learned from our guest speaker, with the topic of nature vs. nurture, as genes can express acne, and obtained oils, like working with a fryer, can cause acne. Cool topic, could go more in depth, but great picture to show how we obtain acne and where. Hopefully this blog stress doesn’t make you breakout!