How safe are vaccines?

‘Tis the season (of getting sick)! I just got an email the other day that reminded me there were going to be flu shot vaccines given in The Hub for two days. I went during the day, got my flu shot, and was happy about it because i wouldn’t be getting the flu now, right? Well this made me curious and made me wonder is vaccines are really safe and will keep me healthy. Many people have the belief that vaccines cause autism. Lets check out these studies that on this question.

Vaccine in vial with syringe. Vaccination concept.  3d

Vaccine in vial with syringe. Vaccination concept. 3d

The article “Vaccines DO Cause Autism- Undeniable Scientific Proof”.  The Anti-Vaccine Scientific Support Arsenal has a very strong belief that getting vaccinated can cause autism. They collected many studies that prove their belief.

Their first argument was a link to an article written by Stephanie Seneff, Robert M. Davidson and Jingjing Liu. They used the MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine as an their test. They found thirteen symptoms with this including, rash, chicken pox, mumps, face oedema, measles, autism, cough, fever, hematoma, conjunctivitis, lymph node pain, respiratory infection, and blisters. Since this was the MMR vaccine, it is obvious that there would be a high rate of the symptoms chicken pox, measles and mumps. The highest symptom was a rash, with a p- value of 0.00000003. What they found most interesting was how much autism and fever was linked to this vaccine. Fever had a p-value of 0.024 while autism had a p-value of 0.0067. The total number of fever symptoms from this was 1840. This fever would be treated with acetaminophen. The article leads to say that acetaminophen causes toxins to go in the brain, which can be harmful to kids and lead to autism because children’s brains cannot get rid of these toxins. They did the same study with the Hepatitis B vaccine. This was given to kids under the age of six. They found that rash and chicken pox, the two highest symptoms, were caused from the varicella in the vaccine.screen-shot-2016-10-21-at-3-21-25-am

Although vaccines do not directly cause autism or other symptoms, there are certain things in different vaccines that can lead to them. Aluminum entering the body can be very harmful and can lead to a negative response from your body. Before getting a vaccine now, I will be looking into what chemicals and elements are in the strain before I get one. Vaccines do help your body fight off whatever it is supposed to, but it can also harm some parts. So are vaccines safe? Yes, they can be safe, but they also lead to a chance of a very bad symptom. (Check out this website to find many other studies done that are trying to answer this same question).

http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/14/11/2227/pdf

Vaccines DO Cause Autism-Undeniable Scientific Proof

Pictures:

CDC Spends $1 Million to Increase Adult Flu Vaccination Rates – Flu Shot to be Mandatory?

3 thoughts on “How safe are vaccines?

1. Lucas Thomas Hansen

Since I have been severely sick multiple times so far this school year, this blog grabbed my attention. To even think about the idea that vaccines can cause potential harm is mind boggling, since they are designed to help us in the first place. Growing up, my parents didn’t let me get a lot of vaccines because they believed they did more harm than good. It was interesting to see the real scientific view behind the process, thanks for educating me.

2. Arunima Sthapak

I found your blog very interesting, especially because I did a blog earlier about the hidden harms of taking excess calcium supplements. I think we often ignore that there can be harms to things that have been deemed “beneficial” by society. I found this interesting website collecting stories of people who suffered at the hands of vaccination. (http://vaccine-injury.info/about.cfm)

3. Jason Schwartz

I like how you organized this article and it was very interesting to me. A few years ago I was given the flu vaccine and days after I got severely sick. I was bed ridden for multiple weeks and the vaccine was the only culprit that I had. I do believe what you are saying that vaccines may have a bad side effect to them as well.
    Here are some more side effects for you.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm