* In addition to the info below, please check out the links page on the Communications program website
Creating a Blog and Using Twitter
- Sites @ Penn State – Where you go to create your blog.
- Supporting documentation for Sites @ Penn State – Detailed instructions for how to set up your blog and utilize the WordPress software.
- Getting started with Twitter
- URL shorteners – These shrink long web addresses (URLs) into small ones, which is desirable when using Twitter (given the 140-character limit). The link takes you to article featured the ‘Top 5 URL Shorteners’, but there are also a bunch of other ones out there for every kind of smartphone, tablet, and desktop computer search engine.
Misc. Online Resources
- PBS Frontline – Documentary film series with supplementary web resources
- Political Poster Archive at the Oakland Museum of California
- Encyclopedia of Social Movement Media
- Streaming Documentaries via PSU Library (including the whole Media Education Foundation series)