Initial Blog Post

Hi, my name is Ben Seltzer, and I’m a freshman here at Penn State. Originally, I was going to be in a BIO141 class that dealt with Anatomy and Physiology, but upon second look, this class seemed to be a much better fit. I’m not planning on being a science major because, to be quite frank, science and I never really clicked. I was always interested by the concepts, but could never quite get over the hump necessary to make it something that was particularly important to me. Also, when rescheduling my classes, my advisor raved about Andrew and what a great professor he is.

I’m a huge music nerd, so here’s a picture I took of Arturo Sandoval at the Newport Jazz Festival, one of the great Jazz trumpet players of all time.

Also, here’s a link to one of the coolest musicians out there right now. His name is Jarle Bernhoft, and he uses a looping station to record individual parts of his songs and loop them over each other live. I’ve never seen him live, but I really hope to one day. Bernhoft – Choices – YouTube