Initial Blog Post-Abby Young

i.) Why I am doing this course.

Well I am doing this Course because to put it lightly, I suck at science.  Actually no, it’s not that I’m bad at science, I just don’t like it.  I actually used to love science, but then I got to high school, that’s when my teachers turned a fun class into something I hated.  My attitude towards science shifted dramatically, and to this day I still cringe when I think of it. But I do love learning about the media, and when I read the course description; I knew this was the class for me.  Originally I signed up for astronomy, but then I realized that wasn’t my cup of tea, so my advisor suggested this course.  I sincerely hope I made the right decision.

ii.)Why I am not planning to be a Science Major

Well as I stated above, science at my high school was awful.  Not only did the teachers make it extremely difficult, they didn’t know how to teach the material.  Most of the time I had to do extra research just to do the basic homework because the teacher would make us read the whole class period.  Now my school education wasn’t bad, but the science program definitely needs some work.  Being a science major would mean that I would have to teach myself what I should’ve learned in high school AND what I am learning in college.  That is just too much for me.  So I am going to focus my career on my stronger learning subjects.

facfa232fae3bbb5d13d8a041d68366fI’m posting a relatable link Middle School replaces 40 year old textbook, basically what my school was like.  Except my school wasn’t a piece ofSatire