DeeYar Sailaubekov – gaming profile

Hi, my name is DeeYar Sailaubekov. I’m a junior studying Computer Science here at Penn State. I have never been addicted to or obsessed by computer games, however I’ve  tried a huge variety of games. Mostly I play games to kill time when there are no things to do. The three types of games I play the most are FPS games, adventure games, and sports games.

My favorite FPS games are Counter-Strike and Call of Duty. I started playing Counter-Strike in high school because in my country everyone was playing it. Counter-Strike did not have high performances and it was easy to acquire a free version. I think the game is addictive because it is a shooting game with a simple interface and it develops teamwork skills. Call of Duty is a similar game, but its interface is much more complicated. In addition, the game has a storyline and this is the mechanics that keeps us to play this game. Once I started playing Call of Duty, I wanted to know what would happen in the end.

Among a huge variety of adventure games GTA and Assassin’s Creed are the games that I like the most. I started playing GTA in high school. Although I never spent a lot of time playing it, the game is my favorite as it offers a gamer to choose the missions he or she wants, i.e. there isn’t any strict sequence of missions that a gamer should follow. Also, I liked that I could crush everything in the game whether it is a car, a building, a helicopter, or a tank. Assassin’s Creed caught my attention simply with an unusual storyline and interesting gameplay somewhat similar to Prince of Persia but cooler.

Me and my brother played basketball for a while in high school.  This led to a purchase of NBA 2007 game which kept me interested some time. The game allowed me to play basketball, be a manager of any NBA team, perform dunks and other cool stuff. Another sports game that I like is FIFA. Soccer is very popular in my country and there almost everyone plays FIFA. Like the NBA game, FIFA allows to simply play soccer, manage almost any real soccer team. In addition, the game is social as it allows to meet with friends and compete with them.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.