SC200 Post #1

Hi! I’m Allison Lightner, from right here in State College, PA. My major is broadcast journalism and being in that field you need to know a little about everything. So when I read the description of SC200 and the topics we would be covering, this class seemed like a pretty good idea. I know that it will challenge my brain and make me think more. But I have never been in  a class like this before.

Why I am and will never be a science major is because my mind does not think that way and I have always known that I have a gift for writing. I would mess up a chem lab or destroy something most likely. I do find science at times interesting, but pursuing it as a career sounds like a bad decision. I know scientists probably make more money than journalists. But the bottom line when it comes to choosing a career is finding something that you really love and wouldn’t mind spending many years at.

In this picture, you’ll see a piece of my artistic work. In my spare time I like to go shoot nature, people and animals. If broadcast journalism falls through, plan b is to become a professional photographer. The link will show you more examples of my work.

11741274_1619028415005134_7837831091467394414_o

Allison Lightner Photography

One thought on “SC200 Post #1