Max’s Initial Blog Post

Hi, ya’ll!

My name is Maxim, but everyone calls me Max. I am an incoming freshman at Penn State University and I’m stoked, to say the least. For my freshman year, I have decided to enroll in DUS (Division of Undergraduate Studies), as I want to focus on gen-ed courses this year, while I am still deciding on my major. Something I’m strongly considering is Marketing, but my dream at the moment is to further my education to get into the real estate.

To kick this off, I was born in a small country in Europe that nobody ever hears about, Moldova. When I was about 1 year old my parents flew to Moldova and adopted both my sister and I and I have lived here in State College, PA ever since. Growing up here I have to admit, was a bit boring to say the least, so when I graduated high school, I knew I had to get out and explore. I ended up moving across the United States to the big state of Texas, where I lived for a year. I decided taking a gap year was the best decision for me, as hopping back into school sounded absolutely DREADFUL to me. I had a few friends in Texas and decided to take a leap of faith, and I’ve never been more proud of a decision I’ve made for myself.

Moving back to State College was a bit challenging, to say the least, as living in such a large area in Dallas, you get accustomed to everything being larger than life and exciting, as well as fast pace. I moved back to State College, because I knew I wanted to start college and I couldn’t think of a more fitting place than Penn State, and I’m very happy with my decision.

When it came down to picking a class, Science was never my strongest suit, as it always involved some sort of math, which was and still is, my WORST subject. When I sat down with my advisor and explaining my view, she recommended that Science200 would be the perfect fit for me, as it’s designed for students who aren’t interested in going into a Science major of any sorts. We’ve had a few classes by now and I have to admit, Andrew is making me think about things I’ve never thought about before such as there being 100,000,000 galaxies?! WHAT?! I’m definitely looking forward for the following classes and meeting my fellow peers.

texas

picture: http://yalsa.ala.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/texas.jpg

One thought on “Max’s Initial Blog Post