3 thoughts on “Screencast of how to create a protected blog using PSU’s MT4”

1. Hi Michelle!

I chose not to record a narration to go along with the screencast because I work in a low-walled cube farm. It makes for a great environment to collaborate, but difficult to record/conduct audio sessions. I always feel self-conscious that I’m bothering people.

This particular video was posted in viddler and that service allows me to attach comments along the video’s timeline.

From a pedagogical view, you make a great point. Many screencasts require narrations and if nothing else perhaps people have come to expect a narrator. Having said that, other tools handle annotation very effectively. See my post on ScreenFlow an an example.

On a side note, I should ask Mike who’s a part of our IT support team about screencasting and accessibility. I have no idea what kind of solution handles screen readers well for the visually impaired.

2. Hi Kent,
    I am interested in this BUT I seem to have problems with the sound on your demo. I have my volume set and can hear other podcasts etc, but for some reason I can not hear you….any suggestions?