It’s the end of our second week here in Mexico and I’ve learned that it tends to storm here everyday in the afternoon. One thing I wish I had brought with me is an umbrella, which are a lot harder to find than I thought. So needless to say, we do walk in the rain more than I was expecting.

Throughout this week we got all of our equipment set up and ran through the experiment to make sure it was running properly. Unfortunately, we ran into a few issues, and we had to sort those out before we could start with our participants. We are very fortunate to have received tons of interest in our study, so we have a bunch of participants scheduled! I’m very excited to get started actually running the experiment first thing Monday morning. After setting everything up we went to the campus cafe with Priscila for lunch. It is such a cute cafe with tons of options. I was particularly happy that they sell Snapple peach tea.

Over the weekend we visited the National Museum of Anthropology. While in the museum we learned a lot and got too see a variety of interesting exhibits. I was surprised by how many different exhibits they had in just one museum. We were there for over 3 hours and didn’t have the chance to look at everything. I really appreciated how vibrant and detailed everything in the museum was. I’ve posted some of my favorite photos from the museum below.

¡eslayamos!

-Kaitlyn