Hard goodbyes

Less than a week left in GRA and all the emotions are settling in. It is bittersweet having to leave this place so soon. It really feels as if I just arrived here, but at the same time I have been away from home for a long time and so much is happening there (my...

read more

Time flies when you’re having fun

It is hard to believe I have less than 3 weeks to finish up with data collection, experience the city of Granada to its fullest, and of course, to eat Los Italianos gelato everyday. For now, I am making the most of each day, soaking in all of my favorite things here...

read more

Views

Granada is nothing short of beautiful and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It's an amazing reminder to see such beauty on a regular basis. I often times try to capture these images, but as we all know, they're always better seen with the eyes. With that in mind,...

read more

Beach and Outreach!

Last weekend Maggie Rose and I ventured to the beach and enjoyed the sun a bit. I had been there a couple weeks prior with my friend from Penn State, but this time I explored different parts with MR and it was like we were in a completely different city at a...

read more

Los Cahorros (qué guayyyyy)

On Saturday, Bridget and I joined some other members of the lab to take on the hanging bridges of the Los Cahorros, in Monachil, about 30 minutes outside of Granada. Borja, the lab manager, lives in the pueblo of Monachil and invited us out for a day full of...

read more

¿Sabes las planetas en inglés?

It is hard to believe just how fast the weeks fly by here in Granada. On our way home from the lab on Friday, Bridget and I spent the 25 minutes from the CIMCYC building to the Albaicín (where we live) recollecting the entire week, day by day. We had such a fun time...

read more

FERIA de Granada

This week was the big Feria de Granada; the Corpus Christi celebration that the Granadians look forward to each year. On Thursday all the schools closed (even the lab), stores, and businesses shut their doors, and people spent the day celebrating together with music,...

read more

Seeing the Good in Everything

This is going to be another long post, because so much has happened so I think that after this I may be doing shorter blogs, twice a week. We finally started running participants! Woo Hoo! We ran into a few issues with our equipment, and some compatibility issues,...

read more

Lento pero seguro

Week 3 in Granada is in the books (time flies) and we are finally underway with data collection. I say "finally" because this week threw a few curveballs our way. But just like Aaron Judge at the plate, we adjusted our swing so that we were able to fix the issues...

read more

Inhalo, Amor, Exhalo, Gratitud

As I was sitting in one of my new favorite restaurants here in Granada, Restaurante Paprika, I looked up to the chalk board to see the saying "Inhalo, Amor, Exhalo, Gratitud." As simple as this quote may be, it perfectly encompasses the way of life here in Granada....

read more

La primera semana en Granada

I'm tempted to say that this week has flown by, but so much has happened since I took off from State College on that dreary Sunday morning. Once in Granada, Maggie Rose and I quickly settled into our new home and oriented ourselves with our surroundings. One of our...

read more

Bienvenido a Granada

After three flights, two long layovers, an almost lost luggage, and a tight car ride, Bridget and I arrived at our casita bonita in the Albacin region of Granada on a warm, sunny day. Well, not so fast. We soon learned that in order to open the door to the casita, it...

read more