Hello everybody!

Our first week here in Mexico City may have been a little slow with the process of settling in, but the second week definitely picked up the pace. On Monday, my recruitment flyer was posted and throughout the next two days, I was swamped in emails with interested participants. These emails kept me very busy for the beginning of last week; however, I was able to schedule many participants for the end of the week and week three. I’m very excited to say that my project is now officially up and running full steam ahead! So far, my programs have run smoothly; my participants have all been extremely nice, and I have loved every minute of being able to work with them for my project. We also had a lab seminar last Friday where we were able to hear about some of the other research going on in the lab!

Outside of lab work, we’ve had some fun adventures around the city. On Tuesday, two of the other students and I decided to travel to a neighboring borough of the city, Condesa. Here, we got tacos for lunch, and afterwards we went for churros that were absolutely delicious. With the choice between cinnamon and sugar to cover the fried dough, I decided to go with a cinnamon coating and a condensed milk dipping sauce, which has now definitely has become my favorite churro combination. There are many more combinations to try, though, so I will be sure to continue to spread my wings and try different combinations each time we go. My favorite part of this week, though, was Saturday afternoon when we went to the Anthropology Museum here in Mexico City. The exhibits and ancient artifacts were so interesting to see, and it was great to learn more about the human history of Mexico! I cannot wait to visit the many other museums and attractions throughout the city in the weeks to come!