I can’t believe our time in Mexico City has already come to end. The past 2 months has been such an amazing experience that I will remember for a long time. We had a very eventful last week both inside and outside of lab. Of note in lab Aly and I reached our goal for data collection! I was getting a bit worried we’d be a bit short due to cancellations, equipment issues etc but we managed to get everything we needed. So we are very happy with that outcome. On Thursday after our last participant we packed up all our equipment and said our last goodbyes to everyone in the lab. It was great getting to know everyone and I really appreciate how kind they were to us.

On Monday we went to get tattoos in Coyoacan. I was very nervous because I am not a fan of needles but it wasn’t bad at all and it turned out so cute. We each got a different lotería card for our tattoos.On Tuesday we went to Xochimilco with people from the lab. It was one of my favorite things we did the whole time there. So I’m a little disappointed we hadn’t done it earlier. After Xochimilco during the day, we went to see lucha libre in the evening with Priscila and Lalo which was very entertaining. I’ve put some pictures of this week below.

I have had such a great time here in Mexico. A big thank you to all the friends we made in Mexico for making this such a memorable experience. I hope my fellow PIRE students have had equally great experiences in their international locations. I wish everyone safe travels back to the states!