This week Lucy and I had a couple very successful days and a couple that were significantly less successful. On Monday and Tuesday, we successfully ran 5 participants in a row, which may not sound like a lot, but considering this means being in the lab for a total of 8 hours a day, we were extremely happy with this outcome. We also worked on trying to solidify our schedule for the next few weeks, making sure to leave enough room for Corpus Christi events, which is a festival-like celebration that takes place in Granada for about a week and a half. I am super excited to celebrate with people in the lab and get to know everyone better at the different festival events. Wednesday and Thursday were a little more difficult, as we had two cancellations at the last minute on Wednesday (meaning we ended up with no participants that day), and one of our participants on Thursday ended up being an American exchange student, so we couldn’t have her sit for the experiment. Definitely a little frustrating when people don’t respond to emails so that we can check to see if they’re qualified or not, but hopefully the next few weeks will be better.

We took Friday off from the lab to travel to Barcelona this weekend for a music festival and to do some exploring around the city. It is crazy how large the city is, and how different the architecture is in different areas! We had a great time listening to live music and walking around the gothic quarter of Barcelona, and I am very happy we went. It was a long two/three days, but totally worth it! This week, we will be in the lab Monday and Tuesday, hopefully getting 5 or 6 more participants’ data, and then after our lab meeting on Wednesday, we will be going out for tapas with the other people in the lab. I am really excited for Corpus Christi because I have never been a part of a city-wide celebration before, and it will be so cool! Will update with pictures soon 🙂